Welcome to Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts, an original weekly meme hosted at (un)Conventional Bookworms where readers share food or drink quotes from their current reads.
Over on her site, Lexxie says: So many of the books we read have food or drinks in them, some I’d love to try, and others I’d never ever want to taste… and I thought it could be interesting and fun to share some food and / or drink quotes… If you want to participate, you can grab my logo if you’d like, or you can make your own, but please link back to me in your own post.
The idea of this feature is to:
- Share a quote with food or drinks that showed up in a recent read,
- as well as if it’s something you think you’d like or not.
- Share the title of the book it happened in,
- as well as the character who ate or drank the special little something.
- Each week there is a link-up for the current post so that it’s easy to find other participants as well.
- Add your post to the linky.
My quote today comes from Mistletoe, Moussaka and Murder by Tina Kashian.
Both Lucy and Katie picked up a small plate and fork and tasted each dish. The shish kebab was delicious, the tabbouleh nicely tart, and the hummus smooth with sesame seed puree, lemon, and garlic. But it was the moussaka, the layers of eggplant, ground meat, and béchamel sauce, that melted in her mouth. Azad had outdone himself.
Since I read this book, back in August, I’ve been trying to get my hands… or tastebuds… on some moussaka. I had some years ago and loved it. This book reminded me why!
What about you? What are you looking forward to eating today?