Welcome to Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts, an original weekly meme hosted at (un)Conventional Bookworms where readers share food or drink quotes from their current reads.
Over on her site, Lexxie says: So many of the books we read have food or drinks in them, some I’d love to try, and others I’d never ever want to taste… and I thought it could be interesting and fun to share some food and / or drink quotes… If you want to participate, you can grab my logo if you’d like, or you can make your own, but please link back to me in your own post.
The idea of this feature is to:
- Share a quote with food or drinks that showed up in a recent read,
- as well as if it’s something you think you’d like or not.
- Share the title of the book it happened in,
- as well as the character who ate or drank the special little something.
- Each week there is a link-up for the current post so that it’s easy to find other participants as well.
- Add your post to the linky.
My quote today comes from JoJo’s French Escape by Lorraine Wilson.
Cal is enthusing about the quality of the fruit and vegetables and the artisan bread and cheese. I buy some juicy looking peaches, dark red cherries, my favourite pink lady apples and some fresh viennoiserie and let Cal choose the rest. He doesn’t need to sell me on the quality of the produce here at the market. I’ve been shopping here for a year and love it. Market day is the highlight of my week.
Well we’re in the season for some of my favourite fruits… red cherries! Oh, nature’s candy, I swear. I feel zero guilt when I consume those sweet calories… I get vitamins and antioxidants too! The viennoiserie sounds pretty scrumptious as well, but then again, I’m a sucker for any type of croissant.
What about you? What are you looking forward to eating today?