Kathy from Books & Munches hosts reading challenges each month (and provided that cute featured image). The last one I did was in February, I believe. I saw this coming month’s challenge and knew I had to give it a try too. November’s challenge is called Remember November. The challenge is pretty straightforward: all you have to do is remember those goals you set yourself at the start of the year and focus on reaching them!
◊ Post a blog post saying you’ll be joining me trying to reach all those goals and challenges we committed ourselves to throughout the year.
◊ Share your list of challenges, goals and whatnot and state what you’re going to try and reach/tick off during this month’s read-a-thon.
◊ If you’re sharing your updates on social media, use #RemNovember so we can follow up on each other!
The Challenges I entered:
- Goodreads Goal – 70 books
- Beat the Backlist – Read 12 books from 2017 or earlier from my TBR at the beginning of 2018
- Classics Challenge – Read 3 classics
- Goodreads Goal: COMPLETE!!! Currently at 80/70 and I haven’t even started my Christmas reads yet. Very excited for those.
- Beat the Backlist: I’m not convinced I’ll actually be able to finish this one. Can over achieving on one challenge average out against failing on another? I don’t see why not 😉 I’ve only read 5 out of the 12 books I promised myself to read. Calling Major Tom is the next one I hope to finish, but that still only brings me to 50%. Ouch.
- Classics Challenge: Really there’s no good reason why I haven’t finished this one as yet… or at least be further along. So far I’ve completed Handmaid’s Tale. I read the first chapter of Memoirs of a Geisha in October and will finish it in November. I’m also hoping to at least start Corelli’s Mandolin and have all three classics finished by December 31.
Those are my challenge goals for the rest of the year. Where are you with yours???