Amazon’s “100 Books to Read in a Lifetime” Tag
How many books have you read from Amazon’s list of 100 Books to read in a lifetime?
How to Play:
- Include the link to Amazon’s List
- Tag the creator of the meme (Perfectly Tolerable)
- Tag and thank the Person that tagged you (Perfectly Tolerable). I also got a tag for this same list by Noriko over at Diary of a Bookfiend, yesterday.
- Copy the list below and indicate which ones you have read
- Tally up your total
- Comment on the post you were tagged in and let them know how many you read
- Tag 5 new people! (And comment on one of their posts to let them know you tagged them)
I have only read 15 of the 100 suggested books. Shameful. 🙊 Although I have to admit, some of these books I’ve not even heard of before. Anyway, it’s always good to learn about new and interesting books.
On a related note, I read a very thought-provoking post over on I read that in a book. The blogger points out that this list is particularly biased towards the US audience (and books that Amazon thinks would sell well). The post also highlights that biased lists aren’t necessarily a bad thing. They can give us a glimpse into what editors and readers think is important based on their own cultures and value systems. Check out the post.
Did you play along with the tag? How many have you read?
Anyone who’s interested. Just link back to me so I can see what you’ve read and don’t forget to tag the creator of the tag!